Thursday, August 7, 2008

Confidence

So this is the last part of the 'To be, or not to be ...' series: foreword, contemplation, contentment and now confidence. Long overdue, I know, so I'll try and make it short and sweet.

We must first embrace truth and the notion that what we have and/or believe may not be it. Next we contemplate, about everything, and namely about ourselves: who we are and our relationship to our surroundings. Contemplation is about uncovering lies ... the lies that each and everyone of us tell ourselves everyday. Uncovering lies reveals truths. Once we come to terms with the truth, reality is much easier to accept (contentment). Finally, when a person is content, win or lose, you are ready ... for anything and everything. Your losses are as worthy as your wins because you give it your all and who can ask more than what you have to give? Fearless. Confidence.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Insightful. And all true.

Is that your drawing?

PŕōuđPāŀĩ said...

BEAUTIFUL! one of the best posts i read in a while now! ppl lose touch with their spirituality hence the production of so many useless meaningless posts..

thank u!

now, back to business.. i think contentment is the most important thing anyone can learn, happiness is periodic, yet everyone is after it..

neutron said...

Hi Lou, unfortunately not my drawing. I usually source stuff that's not mine but this was pretty random and didn't really have any proper links.

Wow, thanks proudpali!! Spirituality is sooo vast that we have only just begun to scratch the surface. I do try to touch up on it from time to time ... mostly with light anecdotes. More coming soon.

Christy said...

I loved this post. (I came in from Lou's blog....hi!)

Delusion, contentment, judgment.....it takes a lot of bravery to be honest.

I have tried not to be attached to many material things, but I find my attachment to my image, my own lies, what I THINK people think of me? That's scary stuff.

Fearful of being ostracized, I guess. Almost an animal fear, for a social species like us.

I try to remember that I have a bigger frontal cortex than most herd animals, though.....and forge ahead.

neutron said...

Hi Christy!!!

Just remember, you are a slave to those whom you wish to please.

Christy said...

I love that quote....

And a slave is always resentful, at the end of the day, right?

I guess right action, with the right intent--not to curry favor--may not always please, but will satisfy?

So hard! Let me tell you, too, that I believe being a female with all those nurturing, accomodating hormones don't make it any easier, IMO.....

But so many good things come with all that, too, so....no regrets.

Unknown said...

very expressive!

neutron said...

Thanks Alina!

Christy, you've inspired me. I'm going to make a post on this in the next few days.